Well, Gary still looks the same, but look at you. Your hair is different and your face! Just look at your face. It is really different. Gary still looks the same but what happened to you?" I sadly replied, "You see that down there on the ground? That's my self esteem!" She said, "What's that mean?" I said, "Never mind! You'll understand someday..."
Monday, October 4, 2010
Self Esteem and Getting Older...
I was babysitting a friend's 6 year old daughter the other night while her dad and Gary went to a men's meeting at church. We were in the living room playing with some toys and she noticed the large Glamour shots of Gary and me over the mantle. She stared at them a long time and then said, "Why do you look so different now than you did in that picture?" I said, "Well, that picture was taken 21 years ago and so I am older now." She asked, "How long ago was Gary's picture taken?" I replied, "At the same time as mine, 21 years ago." She very quickly responded, "
Well, Gary still looks the same, but look at you. Your hair is different and your face! Just look at your face. It is really different. Gary still looks the same but what happened to you?" I sadly replied, "You see that down there on the ground? That's my self esteem!" She said, "What's that mean?" I said, "Never mind! You'll understand someday..."
Well, Gary still looks the same, but look at you. Your hair is different and your face! Just look at your face. It is really different. Gary still looks the same but what happened to you?" I sadly replied, "You see that down there on the ground? That's my self esteem!" She said, "What's that mean?" I said, "Never mind! You'll understand someday..."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment