Followers

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Our Oregon Trip Summer 2009

Gary and I spent two weeks in Oregon with Chris, Stephanie, Berklee, Mason, Marlee and Autumn, Grant, Logan. We took tons of fun pictures and make many wonderful memories. We had so many pictures, it became almost impossible to put them in order, so they are posted rather randomly. We did exciting things every day! We did a walking tour of downtown Grants Pass and looked at all the decorated doors. We ate lots of good food thanks to Stephanie, Sally, and wonderful restaurants. We drove to Wildlife Safari and saw lots of wild animals. We rode the tube behind the Jessee's boat and swam in the lake. We had several "bar-b-cues." We went to the movies twice. We tent camped at Harris Beach (it was a sweltering 109 when we left Grants Pass and an hour and a half later it was a cool 58 at the beach!) We played on the beach, fed birds on the beach, climbed on rocks on the beach, ate watermelon on the beach, built a campfire on the beach and popped jiffy pop popcorn over the fire, and generally had a lot of fun at the beach! We went to parties: Chris' 32nd birthday and Berklee's 8th birthday. We participated in Berklee's beautiful baptism ceremony. We are so proud of her! We went to Seaside Beach and stayed in the Hayball's condo. We did a lot of walking on the beach and we even drove on Canon beach and saw about a zillion sea birds. We watched about 75 sea lions at the port in Astoria. We climbed the Astoria Column. We toured Tillamook Cheese Factory and ate a lot of cheese! We played with our wonderful grandkids both inside and outside everyday. It was an awesome trip!
















































































3 comments:

The Bennett Family said...

Honestly it make me jealous, cause it looks like you all had the best time! I am so glad that you two were able to have such a great trip!

Amy Hendrix said...

OH so cute! It looked like you guys had a very fun trip, I only hope some day we can all be together too, that way I don't have to feel so jealous!!!! Berklee looked so beautiful on her special day. Why does Marlee have her hand on every ones ears, is it a fetish? They are so beautiful, thank you for letting us get to see them through your eyes!!!

The Arrrrrgalls said...

I love the Oregon coast! Glad to see you guys had fun. If you guys ever think about moving back there.. take me with you. I miss the ocean coast out west. I'd move back in a heart beat :-)