Well in addition to the beautiful snow yesterday and all our picture taking, we had two bad accidents occur. Gary was cooking us a big breakfast and accidently dropped the bowl of hot grits as he was taking it out of the microwave. The bowl hit on its bottom on the stove top shooting the HOT grits up and out everywhere. Gary got hit the worst on his forearms. He ran screaming into the bathroom to plunge his arms under the cold water. Luckily, his burns were fairly minor but still very painful. Grits were on almost every square inch of the kitchen. It took us a long time to get it all cleaned up. Then later, I went outside to build a snowman. Gary didn't go out because his 6-month long cough has returned with a vengeance. The snow was covered by a layer of ice, so I had to literally break through the top surface to get to the softer snow underneath. I made a snowball and rolled it and rolled it and rolled it and rolled it for almost an hour and it never got any bigger than a basketball. The snow just was too frozen and dry. So I ended up making a tiny little baby sized snowman which took me an hour to make! Then I decided I would shovel the front porch steps. When I finished I raised the garage door to put the snow shovel back. As I reached up to close the garage door, I couldn't reach the handles so I grapped the first section of the 4 sectioned door and pulled it down. As it started coming down, the next section crushed down pinching three of my fingers on my right hand inbetween the two panels. The pain was excruciating but I couldn't remove my fingers until I raised the door back up with my left hand and then pulled my fingers out. I had on thin gloves, but I knew I had hurt my fingers pretty badly. I ran screaming into the house. After Gary thoroughly interrogated me as to what I had done !#$%!%! he finally carefully pulled my glove off and we both gasped as we saw the cuts and indentions on my fingers. I spent several hours in pretty bad pain and my fingers are still swollen and super sore today. We spent the rest of the day nursing each other's wounds...



3 comments:
Oh my gosh you poor things. They do say the best couples do everything together, so..... Sorry that you both had a rough day!
oh no! so sorry!!
yeow-ch!! Both of y'all's (that's my favorite southern word) injuries look awful!
Post a Comment