Since I have been sick and at home the past several days, not feeling up to doing much of anything other than reading, I have today read some very important and timely words from beloved Spencer W. Kimball. I would like to share those words with my daughters and daughter-in-laws.
"I stress again the deep need each woman has to study the scriptures. We want our homes to be blessed with sister scriptorians-No greater recognition can come to you in this world than to be known as a woman of God...All of you need to drink in deeply the gospel truths about the eternal nature of your individual identity and the uniqueness of your personality. You need, more and more, to feel the perfect love which our Father in Heaven has for you and to sense the value he places upon you as an individual."
I just felt impressed to share that with each of you. President Kimball's advice is a great reminder to me personally to lenghten my stride and focus more on the things that really matter and stress less about those things that really don't count in the realm of the eternities. As women, and especially as mothers, we are each blessed with such an enormous responsibility in rearing righteous families that will be prepared to carry the gospel forward in this most important time on earth. May we each be blessed with a renewed committment to live up to our full potential and never tire of doing good in behalf of our families. May be we industrious, hard-working, and ever kind and sweet, creating homes where our families love to be and where all can feel our Heavenly Father's spirit present.
I am so proud of each you and very grateful for each of you!

1 comment:
bthank you!! your so awesome!! that is great advice!!!
Post a Comment