Followers

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Camping in Blairsville, Georgia July 2011

I had to speak at church in Blairsville, Georgia this past Sunday as part of my stake relief society duties, so Gary and I took the new camper over on Friday and camped for a long weekend. We found the trailhead for the start of the Appalachain Trail at Springer Mountain. Gary tricked me into walking about 6 miles of the AT...but then he went on to hike another 2 miles while I rested my shaky knees in the truck! We were amazed by the almost 600 pairs of worn hiking boots hanging from the ceiling at the AT store of people who had hiked more than 500 miles on the AT! We also enjoyed hiking to some beautiful falls the next day. We had a great time and really enjoyed the peace and rest of getting away to the mountains.
Gary and I at DeSoto Falls, Georgia

Hiking the Appalachain Trail in Georgia near Springer Mountain

Enjoying all the extra space in the new camper

Gary taking a rest in the camper recliner

So true!!!

No comments: