Followers

Monday, June 15, 2009

Roan Mountain Overnight Camping




















Gary and I wanted to see the Rhododendrons up at Roan Mountain, so yesterday after church we drove up there. The bushes are just beginning to bloom , so we were probably about a week or two early for the full show, but still it was really beautiful. We got to see two deer and two really cute chipmunks. We camped overnight and had so much fun. Our little camper is just perfect for us. We cooked a big stir fry for dinner. We roasted marshmallows over the fire and had great conversation. This morning, we cooked a big breakfast, showered, and hurried back home to get to work (a few hours late....)I hope you enjoy our pictures!

1 comment:

Amy Hendrix said...

Mom I love the one of daddy doing a fire dance, the kids had a great laugh. We would love to go camp their some time. 123